Monday, November 23, 2009

America's Hometown Thanksgiving 5k

Yesterday was the America's Hometown Thanksgiving 5k in Plymouth MA. The race ran right along the ocean, with an out and back course that had 2 turnarounds at each end of the downtown area. We got to run past Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower twice. It's really amazing to me to see such historic places, let alone be there for a race. Rach and I had been out to see the rock earlier this summer, which made racing there a little funny. Instead of being in awe of the Mayflower, I was using it to judge how far I was from the finish line.

I haven't been training as hard as I need to, but I'm building towards it. After Thanksgiving, I'll be going pretty hard for the next 9 months. The good news is that I haven't gained any weight. I haven't lost either, which is really more a function of my lack of eating control. But that'll come too.

My official time was 39:06. That was a PR by 2:15, with my previous best being 41:21. I was expecting this to be better because of the running I've been doing.

Next up is Feaster Five, a 5k in Andover, MA on Thanksgiving morning. That's going to be a tough race, because we're celebrating Thanksgiving the night before as Rach is leaving town at noon on Thanksgiving for the weekend working with the hockey team.

No comments:

Post a Comment