Saturday, May 29, 2010

Birthday miracle, part 2

I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday yesterday. I woke up at my lowest weight in 2 years (313), I only worked a couple hours, and Rach wound up having the day off. We ate a little more than normal, didn't work out at all, and I even drank a beer.

The day after an intentional "off day" from our healthy lifestyle, I normally don't get on the scale. But after lunch today on a whim I decided I'd see how much work I'd need to do the rest of the weekend. When I saw the number, I got off and checked it again just to be sure.

Yep, 311. For realsies. Couldn't believe it. I lost weight 2 days in a row. So, um, clearly I've been going about this the wrong way. Out with eating healthy and working out, in with cheeseburgers and beer. Seriously though, I think this simply my body's response to the fact that I finally had an off day, took the chance to recover.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend, and I won't interrupt your time away again. I'll be back Tuesday with a recap of the weekend, including my next feature on bicycle maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment