Monday, December 12, 2011

Fingers crossed

You haven't heard a lot from me lately. I've been waiting for news on a few different fronts. And I'm still waiting, so I don't have a lot to report other than I added a new one to wait on; I picked a coaching group and have inquired about a coach within the group. I found an affordable plan with one on one support and training plan updates every 3 weeks. Once we know which coaches are taking on new people, I can make a decision and get started. I hope to make progress on this while I still wait to hear about the team I applied for and a couple other things I've got cooking as well.

Speaking of cooking, I've been doing a lot more of that here at home, preparing more meals at home whenever we're not out at a holiday party or event. Plus, Rach will be leaving for a week with her basketball team on Saturday, and I want to be able to say I didn't eat out once the entire time she was gone. I'll be joining her in Florida for Christmas with her parents the following weekend, and I'm sure I'll have to eat out at least once on the trip down.

My training has been pretty light lately, but I'm ok with that. I'll get a plan from my coach once it's settled and follow it to the letter. 9 months from yesterday until my next 140.6 attempt, and I'm starting to get fired up for it. I've been getting more sleep as the dog can sleep through the night more, and that's helping a lot. Work has been busy enough to make the days seem to fly by, which is great when you're eager for Christmas, but not so great when there's precious little daylight for exercise.  The weather here has been cooler than I thought it might be but it is winter after all. It's still warmer than winters back in Michigan, Ohio or Boston.

1 comment: