Monday, December 5, 2011

I've been busy

Work has been really busy the past couple weeks, with a lot of learning and lot of full days. I've gotten behind on my writing, and pretty much everything doesn't involve work or being with Rach and the puppy.

I think it's fair to say I was burnt out after a long season. I rarely swam training for the last two races and my running; I really didn't train much for either of the Thanksgiving 5ks. Saturday, Rach talked me into a ride and by the time we were done with 10 miles, I was feeling quite a bit better. Sunday, I took the mountain bike over to the closest trail and gave it a go. The trail was intermediate and I'm a beginner. It's fairly  I spent 12 minutes riding, 5 minutes walking hills I couldn't ride up, and 3 minutes yelling "oh shit" when I was riding along some sections that were more than a little nerve wracking. I am definitely going back. If it wasn't 30 minutes away, I'd go more often.

I was a bit disappointed to learn I didn't make Team Rev3, but I had a great discussion with their team leader and I understand a lot more about the choices they make. They've made great picks with everyone they've selected and I'm mega happy to several of my friends are now on the team. They aren't just great brand representatives, they're a lot of really good athletes on that team.

Fear not, though I have found a backup plan that is maybe even better than if I'd made Rev3. I've been told unofficially that it's safe to talk about, but I'm waiting for official word to announce it so as not to jinx it. If it works out, it's going to be the cherry on top of what we're planning as a great season. Now I just hope this 60 degree weather sticks around for as much of the winter as it wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment