Thursday, September 8, 2011

Onward to Ohio

Describing this past week as a whirlwind would not do it justice. All the packing, driving, and unpacking and we still have a long way to go to get the house set up. But all that has gone to the wayside for the time being, as we're now packed and ready to leave for the drive up to Sandusky, OH for the biggest race of our lives.

I really can't wait to be checked into the hotel tomorrow and relax. I did my last real pre-race workout yesterday (other than Saturdays practice swim), and it sucked as usual. My last workout before a race almost always sucks. This time, I had a blowout on the road bike less than 1/4 mile from the house, so instead I had to do the 10 mile ride on the MTB. I managed to have an overall good ride but flatting like before I had gone very far was less than fun. No real damage, other than needing a new tube.

The big news is that I am very happy to announce that I have reached my fundraising goal with 2 days to spare. Thank you to everyone who contributed financially, spread the word via facebook or twitter, or just kept reading my blog while I went on and on about needing people to donate. Thank you all very much, and I'm going to do my very best to make it all worthwhile for you.

I'll post tomorrow once Rach and I have checked in for the race with bib numbers and how to track us on line on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment