Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's just bullshit

Yesterday, I had a really bad day. I mean, really bad. And there are no reasons why I had a bad day, just excuses. Lots of shitty excuses that I made to my wife and to myself to try and justify my actions. Or technically my lack of actions yesterday.

5 days until race day, and I didn't train yesterday. With an open road right outside my door, the ability to somewhat make my own schedule at work, and a pool just 3 miles away, and I didn't do one damn thing to utilize any of that to train or even just be healthy. In fact, to top it off, I ate for total shit too, just to boot. Big Cheeseburger for dinner at 8 PM is not a way to prepare for a triathlon or lose weight. I have friends that ran a marathon on Sunday, and I can't step away from the plate for a few minutes to run a couple miles?

I have an amazing life, is it that much to ask for the willpower to get to having an amazing average less fat body? I can let myself get away with this crap anymore, it's just gone on way too long. It shouldn't be this much of a challenge for me to just keep track of what im eating and when I hit my points total for the day, STOP EATING. seriously.

None of yesterdays excuses hold water today, and I'm going to channel all my negative thoughts from and about yesterday into doing the best I can today to be healthier, stronger, and faster. I'm going to run, and then I'm going to swim, and I'm going to eat, but the right kind of foods and in the right amounts.

Notes

- Another fundraiser to please consider. My teammate Julia had her sweet ride (a Trek Madone) stolen a few weeks ago, and as an athlete who has qualified and is preparing for AG World Championships, she's going to need a new bike, and some money to offset the costs of travel and training. Belmont Wheelworks was kind enough to loan her a great bike for the time being,  but we all know what it's like to ride someone elses bike; no matter how awesome it is you always wish it was yours. Julia is doing a fundraiser with some terrific triathlon prizes. If you're local to the Boston area, you can show up for her spin class tied to the fundraiser or just donate.

- Stanley is ready for the 2012 cycling season, and is clearly trying to convince Jonathan Vaughters to sign him to the Chipotle development squad (he's only 7 weeks old, so he's not quite ready to ride with the big dogs). I wonder if they will make him dogfood burritos?

Short runs, long naps; definitely a sprinter in the making


1 comment:

  1. Stay strong, Chief! You wouldn't beat yourself up over one slow mile split in a race. No need to do the same here. It's all about momentum, right? Cadillacs are always slow out of the gate, but there is nothing finer than seeing everyone stop to admire the Escalade rumbling down the strip with a full head of steam!

    ReplyDelete