Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

I know it's a cliche but I truly am thankful for the blessings and friends in my life. I had a great day Sunday; Rach and I ran the Wake County PTA 5k, and then had a terrific Thanksgiving dinner.

The race was a cross country trail run, in 80 degree heat (in November no less) and very hilly and challenging, but a lot of fun!! Tons of kids were running, which was a lot of fun to watch, and gave me plenty of slow parents to beat. Rach placed 4th in her age group barely missing the podium. It was great to see all those kids running as part of various schools healthy life initiatives. I realized I rarely compete against my peers (slow tall fat guys) and when I do, it's cool to be seen by some of them as fast.

Dinner was amazing, and Rach took some great pictures but the big moment was when I set the rolls on fire in the oven. The box that brown and serve rolls come in says its safe to go in the oven. Not our oven. Actual fire. Replacement rolls made up for it, but couldn't compare to Rachelle's sweet potato souffle.

Speaking of my sweet potato, Rach is travelling with the women's basketball team to Atlanta, and I arrived yesterday in Michigan for time with my family. Tomorrow morning I've got another 5k and then a full day with the family.

I hope you enjoy the holiday and the weekend with your family

1 comment: