Thursday, December 10, 2009

In the swing of things

So, we've been back at training full time for 4 days, and I'm sore all over. Clearly the time off was kind to me. My list of minor annoying injuries has grown quickly over the past few days:

- Plantar Fasciitis
- Strained Bicep
- Shin Splints
- Rug burn on elbows
- Vaginitis (I dont know what this is but my wife tells me its whats causing the other 4)

These are definitely the kinds of injuries that come from not eating carefully enough, and not working out. My wife being an athletic trainer allows me to have a level of comfort that I'm not doing things in such a way that I might be doing something that will seriously impair my training or injure myself in a long term manner.

The good news is, I'm coming through each workout feeling generally stronger. In fact, during our bike training yesterday, I beat the wife by more than 15 minutes for a 14 mile ride. To top it off, my HR was about 10 BPM lower than hers was almost 2 MPH faster pace.

We're taking a day off to go to NYC this weekend, before kicking things up a notch next week. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope my vaginitis heals by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment