Monday, August 22, 2011

Uh, yeah, so....

I've got a whole lot to tell you but some of it I can't tell you yet, but I will, I promise, as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow.

But here's one thing I can tell you; I had a really good/lousy ride yesterday. I did 35 miles in 2 1/2 hours, it felt really hard. Maybe thats because the first half was almost entirely uphill. I did a total of 835 feet of climbing in 35 miles, which may not sound like a lot but in 85 degree weather with 70% humidity and not being a great climber to begin with, it felt like a lot. I haven't walked a hill in a long time now, but the one just beyond where I turned around at the halfway point in the ride I would most likely have had to walk. Looked brutal, and as my legs felt like they were already having an off day, I turned tail and went home.


When I got home and realized I still averaged almost 14 MPH even with all the climbing I was pretty happy. I just hope my legs don't feel like that on race day. It was hot, and I think I was a little dehydrated before the ride because I just couldn't feel hydrated from the minute I got on the bike. I'm trying out Strava, which is another online tracking too for workouts, which gives you options for competing with other people for who has the best ride over segments of road. I doubt I'll podium any section anytime soon, but it's fun to see who does well.

My breakfast that morning was not a great choice (McDonalds breakfast sandwich), which has further convinced me to cut that crap out of my diet altogether. Once we get out of the hotel, that's going to be one of my major goals for fall, dumping fast food off my menu.

This week we've got a swim bike or run every day except Friday, with bricks thrown in, with a 100+ mile ride on Saturday (or Sunday depending on the weather) after which we'll commence tapering. I've been pretty good about food, though I don't have access to a scale right now to check how my weight is again. When I last checked it, I had stagnated at 319. With taper I doubt it will drop much more, but I just don't want to gain any weight.

We're still planning our trip home, so if you read this, expect that I'll be around Michigan and Ohio September 9th-17th, with some time spent in Columbus hopefully on 9/13 and 9/14.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the news...btw, my wife has signed up for the Cedar Point 70.3...see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Yeah, we're super excited. The 70.3 that day will be great, she'll have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete