Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Counting the days

So, I took the day off today after a 10 mile ride yesterday, and 20 miles and a 1 mile swim on Sunday. I mentioned the problem with the rear wheel yesterday, and that only added some more edge to the restlessness I've been feeling waiting for the race to get here. The restlessness has resulted in nervous eating and without a lot of high intensity workouts, a little more weight gain. Thankfully I'm only up a few pounds as I seem to be doing just enough to keep things from getting out of control. At least the damn peanut butter cookies are gone.

While I haven't been eating great, what's been worse is that I haven't been sleeping properly. We have to get up before 4:00 AM on race day, and yet I've been staying up til all hours with insomnia. I'm just going to have to find a way to cut out some caffeine and some nerves in order to start getting the sleep I'll need this weekend. 

Gosh, I'm really whining today, huh?

One good thing that happened today is that I found I was accepted for the Bikes not Bombs adult instructor course. It starts the day after Timberman, so hopefully there will be chairs. In about 3 weeks, I should finish the course and be ready to start teaching. That should be a great way to harness some of the listlessness we're told to expect after a big race and the end of the season. 


Edit: It's now proven fact that on the days I complain about weight gain, I lose weight the following day. I wrote the above post before going to bed and I lost a couple pounds overnight. It's looking like I'll do the race at my low racing weight of the year. We didn't swim this morning, but Rach is scrambling the workout chart to make sure we get everything in and still get our rest. Just 4 days til the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment