Monday, December 27, 2010

Back to reality... almost.

The long holiday weekend is over for most, but Rach and I each have the day off today. It's a good thing too, because last night Boston got blanketed by 16 inches of snow thanks to a "wicked bad Nor'easter". It's gorgeous and snowy out, so Rach and I ventured out for a walk to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to make use of our gift card, and for me to try out my new Garmin Forerunner 305!

Rachelle took this picture
It took me a little while to get the satellite connection as we had started walking so as not to freeze in the 30 MPH wind gusts and snow/sleet mix. But once it going a couple blocks from our house, it seemed to work pretty darn well as the following graphic shows:
The Forerunner 305 has all of the features I've been looking for, including the ability to add workouts to the blog with just a couple of minutes work. I really like the layout of the data as well. It's simple to setup and use, and you can upload your workouts to the Garmin Connect website, meaning you can access your workout history from any computer. It even lets you enter personal profile information to help determine maximum heart rate and training zones.

I took a few days off from training to hopefully reduce some of the symptoms I've been having with my memory. I have been feeling better, but it's difficult to tell if that's due to reduced stress from time off work, more sleep, or the lack of heavy physical activity. Part of what makes it difficult to tell is that my brain hasn't been tasked nearly as much as it would be over a few days of work. 

Because of this, I carefully monitored my eating over the holiday. By monitor, I mean look at everything I put in my mouth. The result of that monitoring is that I determined I ate too damn much, and decided to put a stop to it right away. Yesterday I was straight on with my points, and today I have been as well. In fact I should be under today if all goes according to plan. Not only have the points been sharp, but I'm making very healthy food choices as well. The worst thing Ive done the past 2 days is been right up against my reccomended daily sodium. 

The blizzard seems to have closed FitRec, so I'm going to do some light cardio with the Wii, put the Wheelworks year end newsletter to bed, and watch some hockey.

Notes:

- The Wheelworks Team has been kicking butt in the National Challenge Competition, currently sitting in 31st place out of 68 active teams. There are some monster teams, much larger than ours with more than 10 times the number of miles we have. In our division, we're currently 5th overall and closing in on 4th. Plus, we're 3rd out of the 5 MA teams competing, and closing in on 2nd

- The H20Audio Flex review will run tomorrow as I just didn't have time to get it formatted yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment