Wednesday, December 29, 2010

relief and disbelief

Yesterday was a rough day for me, having all sorts of problems with my memory, and with some guidance from the nurse at my Dr.'s office, I decided it was time to get a look at the inside of my head. Unfortunately I couldn't find the crowbar, so instead I went to the ER for some electronic imaging. In a little less than 3 hours later, I was out of there test results in hand.

The good news is that they said there aren't any obvious problems going on that can be seen with a CT scan. They still want me to get the MRI on 1/2 because it provides clearer pictures in case there is something minor going on that can be seen on imaging. Plus, I'll probably have a follow up with a neurologist, as not seeing a cause for symptoms doesn't mean there isn't anything going on.

The thing that none of my friends will believe is that my brain looks completely normal.

Notes:

- Finally, I am actually going to post that H2O Audio Flex earbuds review tomorrow.

- I didn't even go walking last night as I spent the majority of my evening in the ER.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm glad your brain looks normal. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, not fun, spending the evening in the ER. Hang in there, Ben, be tough, remember you are a Timberman! Sorry, just trying to add cheer or a chuckle. Hopefully answers will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin - Thanks, I'm glad my brain looks normal too. None of my friends back in Columbus will believe it :D

    Anonymous - It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when we decided to go in. MA health care might be expensive, but it's well organized. They had full access to my electronic medical record at the hospital, even though I had just walked in that evening. It was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete