Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day

Good morning and Happy St. Patricks Day!

Being that it's a holiday of major religious drinking implications, I'll be over-indulging like most every one else: by drinking 1 or maybe even 2 Bud Light Golden Wheats; and enjoying a day of rest.

We had another strong workout last night, 55 minutes on the bike followed by 30 minutes on the track. Though I walked most of the time on the track, I did start running again. My plantar fascitis/Achilles heel has been responding to the stretching, so I figured I'd give it a go. So I started working on a couch to 5k program to get myself running. My previous running was more like a jog/shuffle. This time I'm looking to actually run. I'm still trying to find a middle ground on effort that lets me run, but doesn't feel like sprinting. I'm shooting for 12 minute miles initially, hoping to eventually get to 10 minutes.

And I woke up this morning to 313 on the scale again. 2 days in a row is proof that it wasn't a fluke.

But all that is for tomorrow, today I'll be relaxing and resting up for another day of hard work tomorrow.

Some other notes:

  • Coach Buxton was kind enough to drop an email with some kind words on my post regarding her nutrition presentation and wanted me to add a couple of things that she usually speaks to during the show:
    • That she too believes that nutrition is a VERY personal thing.
    • That you have to practice nutrition leading up to race day. It's too easy to forget something, or worse try something new with disastrous results on race day
  • The Multisport Expo is coming to Boston this weekend. Rach and I are going, and excited to see all the new gear and learn some new techniques. Further, the tri team is having a social afterwards, which will also be a good time.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the rest day was a great one. My coach is a big believer that rest is the only way to truly grow stronger.

    I've got a rest day tomorrow, and am really looking foward to it after ~2000 yds in the pool at lunch and a 4 mile run tonight.

    Enjoy the expo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek - Thanks! My problem with rest days is I tend to spend them playing video games, so I still don't get the sleep I probably should. We're going to bike tonight I think. If we bike outdoors it probably wont be a hard ride, just a nice recovery ride to enjoy the beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that. I'm up to late watching baseketball tonight. I was working on homework for grad school but had to stop that. I'll have to type the paper tomorrow during lunch. I've got to be done by lunch tomorrow b/c of leaving for a trip, but instead of getting extra sleep , march madness was calling my name. Hope you had a good ride.

    ReplyDelete