Friday, February 11, 2011

Can I get an "Amen"?

Last night, 51 minutes on the exercise bike, 15.5 MPH average, level 6 intensity. Would have been longer, but Rach was having IT band issues, so she got done running early. Felt great to start adding time and intensity to the workout. I definitely could have done the full 90 minutes I had planned. The balancing act of having a training partner sometimes means their tough night at the gym limits your good night.

Oh, and I'd like to officially tell my training plan it's on crack if it thinks I'm ready for a 150 minute bike ride at this point in the season. Last year we didn't start our really long rides until a month before the race, and I do think it helped keep our legs fresh for the race. Because of the Rev3, we will definitely start our longer rides a bit sooner, but we wont be looking at distances longer than the half-iron until after Patriot. It's just smart to not overcook our legs until we have to.

I'm late with this post because I'm waiting until after Weight Watchers to post so I can include my weigh in. I was down 2 more pounds today. 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and steady would be ok too :D

This weekend has only one potential trap; Sunday night we're going out for Valentines Day dinner at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. melted chocolate, melted cheese, meats, and dessert. I plan on going light on lunch, and working out earlier in the day to cover for it. Like I was telling someone yesterday, I can handle myself as long as there is a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment