Friday, February 4, 2011

Hi!

Wow, I feel like I haven't had a lot to share lately, but I have, I just haven't had a chance to do it.

First, I'm getting over my cold, and I'm really happy about it. It was a rotten week because of the weather, made worse because I feel lousy.

Then, some progress has been made on my memory issues. I'm not comfortable with sharing everything on this right now, but know that I'm feeling better about both diagnosis and where my health stands and is headed. The issues haven't diminished, but I'm finding that by reducing some general stresses, and trying to stay emotionally calm when I have an occurrence of the issue, I'm able to more quickly find the words I'm looking for, and that over time I am able to re-remember them for future use.

Lastly, My first week on the new Weight Watchers point system was a bit of a mixed bag, but I lost over a pound. I had 4 good days and 3 bad days in terms of points, and I have done some training every day this week except 1. I'm back to being on the rollers more regularly, and I'm quite happy about it. It's not like riding outside, but it's better than not riding at all.

We're going to get another snow storm tomorrow, so I'll probably stay home and play with my trains while Rach visits New Hampshire with the hockey team.

Notes:

- I picked up a Zeo Sleep monitor system today. Will start with it tonight. And I thought I looked nerdy as a kid with my dental headgear. Between my breathing machine and the Zeo, I'll be looking like a science project at night

- We're about 4 1/2 months until Patriot Half-Iron, and frankly I'm finally starting to get that excitement for training that has been missing the past month or so. I think it's been the stress of the memory problems and constantly battling colds, the weather, and the winter blahs.

2 comments:

  1. I got outside for the first time in about 3 or 4 weeks (when was our first 2' snowstorm?); it was a rude awakening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie -

    I got outside today for about 20 minutes. If I could have found my gloves I would have been out there even longer. Nice for February, and the roads were pretty dry.

    ReplyDelete