Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If I could have whatever I want

I try not to be too materialistic, but sometimes there are things you just WANT. Like way down in your gut kind of want, that immediate impulse of really desiring to have something. I don't mean to sound selfish or anything but these are a few of the things that I'd really like to have:
  • Hitting my Team Fight Fundraising goal. YES, this is a shameless plug, and NO, I didn't plan it that way when I came up with the idea for this post. I didn't think of it until I started the list. But since we're only 1 week from the raffle ending, I can use all the help I can get. 
  • World Peace. Yes, I know this isn't a beauty pageant, and yes, it is only #2 on my list but seriously; world peace would be nice. Then we could put all our fine metals into bicycle making instead of bombs and bullets. And maybe with democracy popping its crazy little head up all over the middle east, we might be able to get there sooner than anyone ever though.
  • A 6 pack. Not beer, though that'd be nice too. Something from Belgium perhaps. But seriously, my stomach is my big problem with my body, so it's the one area I would improve the most, sort of go in the opposite direction. I'm losing the weight, but I want to gain the muscle too.
  • The Fuji D-6 2.0. It looks like a weapon, and it is an awesome color of blue. I'm not nearly the triathlete I would need to be to use it, but that doesn't mean I can't like it.
Fuji D-6 2.0

  • A house. This will happen eventually, but not until Rach finds a job where we're likely to be in town for more than a couple years. 
  • A better golf game. Considering Tiger's game is in shambles too, I guess I shouldn't complain
  • These triathlon shoes: SIDI Genius 6.6 Carbon. At $449 they cost almost as much as my bike, and twice what my wetsuit costs, but they supposedly help you get more out of every pedal stroke, and that's something we could all deal with.
SIDI Genius 6.6
  • Membership in a airline club that guaranteed me 1st class when I travel, so I could relax for trips to the occasional destination race. I'd also like my bike to fly free.
  • A power meter. I don't care which, I just think it would be fun to know how slow and weak I really am, and be able to more exactly track that. 
  • A bunch of stuff for my train set. Yeah, I know, but I gotta do something when I'm not on my trainer in the winter.
Notes:

- Had a light night on the trainer last night. My legs were tired, so I listened to my body and got off the trainer after just 15 minutes. I'm doing a reverse brick tonight. 30 minute run then a 1 hour bike.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you kill that brick!! Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for $20 for Team Fight. Since I work as a development coordinator for the MS Society I know how important fundraisers like you are. I truly appreciate the work you're doing for such a great cause. I wish I could donate more. If and when(gotta be positive right) I'll sell the wetsuit & helmet and give you the proceeds for those as well. Keep up the great work - athletic and fundraising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek, that is so awesome! I commented on your blog already, but thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete